The Sacred Sites Tour for 2022 is currently postponed. Below is previous itinerary for the tour. If you are interested in hearing more about Mount Tabor tours and upcoming events please email [email protected].
Spend a week of study and retreat in Italy visiting Sacred sites of pilgrimage inspired by the Holy Land. These unique places and the beauty of their accompanying artworks, together with a rich variety of scenic landscapes—and an equally rich experience of Italian cuisine— provide a modern pilgrimage of faith for the renewal of heart, mind, and body.
Saturday, June 18th – BARGA
- Arrival in Barga, Italy
Sunday, June 19th-Monday, June 20th – BARGA
- Opening Sessions and Retreat at Villa Via Sacra
Tuesday, June 21st – SAN VIVALDO & BOLOGNA
- Depart Barga to San Vivaldo– Sacro Monte/Holy Mountain
- Late afternoon arrival in Bologna
Wednesday, June 22nd- BOLOGNA
- Basilica di Santo Stefano
- Santa Maria della Vita (“Sorrow over Dead Christ”, Niccolò dell’Arca)
Bus to Loreto with evening arrival
Thursday, June 23rd- LORETO
- Basilica della Santa Casa
Bus to Florence with an evening arrival
Friday, June 24th – FEAST DAY OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST – FLORENCE
Join in the celebration for the Feast of the Patron Saint of Florence
- Feast Day Mass at Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and Baptistery
- Afternoon visit to Basilica of San Lorenzo
- Free time
- Evening fireworks over the Arno River
Saturday, June 25th and Sunday, June 27th – FLORENCE
Special site visits in Florence will include
- San Miniato al Monte
- San Pancrazio (Alberti’s Holy Sepulchre)
- Rucellai Palace façade
- Basilica of Santa Trinita
- Santissima Annunziata
- Basilica of Santa Croce
- Tour of Museo del Duomo led by Mons Timothy Verdon
And well as plenty of free time to explore!
TRIP COST: $3695/person
- Trip rate is double occupancy, includes accommodation, all meals* and transportation in Italy. (There will be two meals on your own)
- Airfare is not included.
- Tour cost includes a $500 tax deductible donation in support of Mount Tabor’s ecumenical mission – sponsoring programs and exhibitions that advance the conversation between faith and the arts.
- Single occupancy for the entire trip is an additional $400.
- The tour begins at Villa Via Sacra in Barga, Italy, which is accessible from both the Florence and Pisa airports. Travelers are responsible to arrange for their own transportation to Villa Via Sacra in Barga or transportation can be arranged for an additional fee.
- Click here for more details on tour registration
If you are interested in receiving information with more details, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or 508-240-7090