Spend a week of study and retreat in Italy visiting sacred sites of pilgrimage inspired by the Holy Land. The entire tour experience will be seasoned with the tastes of Italian cuisine and highlighted by the beauty of the Italian countryside.
June 20-29, 2020
Saturday, June 20th – Arrive in Barga, Italy
Sunday- Monday, June 21-22- Barga
Opening sessions at Villa Via Sacra with Timothy Verdon, Alexei Lidov and Martin Shannon
Tuesday, June 23- Florence
- Depart Villa Via Sacra on bus to Florence
- San Miniato al Monte
- Basilica of San Lorenzo
- Santissima Annunziata
Wednesday, June 24th, Feast of St John the Baptist – Florence
- Feast Day Mass at Florence Cathedral
- Basilica of Santa Croce
- Free time
- Feast Day Celebratory Fireworks
Thursday, June 25th – Florence
- Basilica of Santa Maria Novella
- San Pancrazio (Alberti’s Holy Sepulchre)
- Rucellai Palace façade
- Basilica of Santa Trinita
Friday, June 26th- Florence–San Vivaldo–Bologna
- Depart Florence to San Vivaldo, Sacro Monte/Holy Mountain
- Afternoon Bus to Bologna
Saturday, June 27th- Bologna-Loreto
- Basilica di Santo Stefano
- Santa Maria della Vita
(“Sorrow over Dead Christ”, Niccolò dell’Arca)
- Afternoon Bus to Loreto
Sunday, June 28th- Loreto
- Basilica della Santa Casa
Monday, June 29th
Early morning departure from Loreto to Florence for flights to U.S.
TRIP COST: $3695/person
- Trip rate is double occupancy, includes accommodation, all meals* and transportation in Italy. (There will be two meals on your own)
- Airfare is not included.
- Tour cost includes a $500 tax deductible donation in support of Mount Tabor’s ecumenical mission – sponsoring programs and exhibitions that advance the conversation between faith and the arts.
- Single occupancy for the entire trip is an additional $400.
- The tour begins at Villa Via Sacra in Barga, Italy, which is accessible from both the Florence and Pisa airports. Travelers are responsible to arrange for their own transportation to Villa Via Sacra in Barga or transportation can be arranged for an additional fee.
- Trip Registration due by March 15, 2020
Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding registrations or payments at [email protected] or 508-240-7090